BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

15 January 2013

Old Town Alexandria

I have been having a fun time exploring my new home here in Alexandria. It is just how my romantic mind imagined the east coast to look. The homes in my area are straight from movies about the Civil War and the old town is historic and adorable. I mean, I live in a city where George Washington lived before he was president. This is where the Union swept down on the Confederates. I'm surrounded by history and it is so cool.
Today I walked down Old Town to see the cute shops. I found a bookstore and a cupcake shop, so I'm set :) I'm an easy one to please.




Waterfront walk along the Potomac




King St Trolley







George Washington Masonic Temple

5 comments:

  1. Michelle! My sister works at a cute little shop in Old Town called Hooray for Books! You should go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have passed it! I will look out for her!

      Delete
  2. all of your little outings just remind me of the "london walks" we did. i hope the cupcakes were good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's totally what it's like! Just walking around, exploring in the rain. I got the dark chocolate cupcake and it was pretty dang good.
      Also, Nandos is right down the street from it!!!

      Delete
  3. I love Alexandria. The boutique district is wonderful and has some really awesome vintage shops :)

    ReplyDelete