BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11 January 2013

Week One

It has been a busy busy week! I am loving the city and I have found my groove (for the most part...maybe it's more like an awkward slow dance at a middle school dance).  Either way, I know where I work, I know where I sleep, and I know where to get food.  That's not a bad start.
Every day is exciting. There is so much to do here (that is freeee).  And the people are so nice. The only way I can describe these people is that they are really hard-working, but you know how hard-working people can act like stiffs? Well, everyone is hard-working and NOT stiff here.  We just enjoy life and we work hard at the same time.
I've had the chance to meander around where I live, and the city is exactly how I imagined the east coast to look like.  Quaint little (and not so little) symmetrical brick houses that look just like they came from George Washington's neighborhood.
Everyone I've met has a really cool job and I'm learning so much at my internship and I hope that soon I can figure out what I want to do with my life post-internship.

lunch break--yeah, I work on the Mall!

roommates and I tried out the new burger place in our neighborhood, Holy Cow. It was really good!  Bonus: they donate $0.25 to a local charity of your choice. Good food and good feelings!


Join me on this adventure of discovery of myself and my future in this fantastic new place! -MEE

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog redesign.

    Also, I know about twenty million people in DC. Most from my time in Jerusalem. Most are married, but a few aren't and might be in your ward? Melissa Parkinson, Vanessa Vogel, Derek Orme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Don't sound familiar, but I've only been to this ward once, so maybe soon they will!

      Delete