BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

05 January 2013

Day One

Hello from the Nation's capitol! Everything has gone smoothly and my house is super cute and I am excited to get to know this city!
My first full day here was yesterday and so I explored downtown.  My fam and I visited a couple of years ago, and that definitely set me up for my move.  Also, dependency on public transportation in London has helped me out, too.  So far, so good!
I walked along the mall all afternoon and took a progression of pictures that I sent to my parents with captions that I thought were clever. Heh heh. Here are some of those along with extras.  #sorrynotsorry about the awkward selfies.
waiting to be picked up at Ronald Reagan


Smithsonian Castle

where I will work

across the street!

potty break at Washington Monument


Oregon!

frozen reflection pool and stone cold Abe









lunch with the Obamas

view at the end of the walking tour

Well, here I am! Today I am going to tour my own new town and see what this place is all about.  I hear that George Washington used to live around here, so maybe I'll go check that out ;)

2 comments:

  1. My only question is... did you pee ON the Washington Monument?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WOULD have, but the security people caught on and chased me away. They are, like, super strict here.

      Delete