BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

26 January 2013

Books as of late

One perk from being graduated is the opportunity to read for fun. It's nice to be able to read on the metro. I have a list a mile long, so it's a about time I got to it!
I'm reading a book right now called The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin.  This woman set goals to be happier for a year.  She wasn't necessarily unhappy before, but she realized that she wasn't as happy as she could be. This is a perfect time for me to be reading this book since I, too, am working on not worrying about the little things and finding happiness where I am at in life.  I recommend finding your own methods of finding happiness, ones that fit to you, but reading this book is good inspiration. What I love about it is the fact that she is trying to "Be Gretchen."  I'm just trying to "Be Michelle," no matter what. Not "What-other-people-want Michelle" or "People-pleaser Michelle." Just Michelle. My mom read it and sent it to me, so we have a new mantra of just doing what makes us happy. Because why not?
I also read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, since I saw the movie first (totally against my beliefs of reading before movie, but whatever). The book is very sad, but well-written.  Some of my friends read it in high school and I was thinking "why the heck did they let kids read this in high school?" just because it's a little intense and so think about that before you pass it along to your child.
Perksofbeingwallflower1.jpg
I also read How the Garcia Girls Lost their Accents, by Julia Alvarez.  I also just read In the Time of the Butterflies, by the same author, which was one of my recent favorite books.  Garcia Girls wasn't too bad, either. If you're in to Central/South American history, look these ones up.

Front Cover

Front Cover

If you want to discuss any of these books or if you are in need of any suggestions, I am here and ready for ya!
Go read something today :)

1 comment:

  1. I loooove In the Time of the Butterflies. Have for years. So glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete