BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

27 January 2013

singles wards

I have lived in 7 singles wards in the last 6 years. I was at BYU when they changed "BYU YSA" to just "YSA."  And I was present today for the reconfiguration of the Colonial boundaries. There were tears. There was heartbreak. There was joy. Above all, there was anticipation.
Interesting things, singles wards.
Interesting enough to write a poem, Michelle?
Yes.


Take a breath, take a program
And walk through the door
Take a seat, take a look
Eyes shift nervously to the floor

Gotta wear my cutest outfit today
Gotta make sure they don't think I'm cray
Wear high heels so my legs look good
Can't use sarcasm so I'm not misunderstood

Anticipate the ward menu
Take notice of a select few
Roommates make bets on who to date
Hope that you are not too late.

Look forward to Sunday to talk to a boy
Catch his eye and act real coy
Drop a number and a hint
If he buys it, then you're mint.

FHE then can be tricky
Score a bad group and it can be icky.
Plan fun things to find some romance
Hoping a "brother" will give you a chance.

Then there are the dances with the shifty eyes
Avoiding the dancing alone guys
Stand in a circle and step side-to-side
During a slow dance you "go to the bathroom" to hide.

Let us also consider the odds.
Competing with the other broads.
Two to one just isn't fair.
We need more men around, I swear!

Don't get me wrong, they are pretty fun,
A good way to try and find the One.
But sometimes I want to step back and see
If it would be less crazy to work in primary.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love your poems.
    I miss you! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard there was some big changes today! Which one are you in? My brother is now in the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went from the 2nd to the 1st.
      Everyone was in a tizzy, but everyone is pretty new to me, either way, so I'm good. haha.

      Delete