BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

22 January 2013

inauguration/MLK Jr Day 2013

I was looking up trips to take to leave the DC area on this crazy weekend where thousands of people will flock to the mall for inauguration.  But then I realized that I am living in DC during an inauguration, so when in Rome...Some of us were thinking of going early for standing room, but then Taryn and I happened upon tickets for behind the reflecting pool and it all worked out swimmingly!
Where Taryn and I stood in the cold for 5 hours
It was a very cold and long wait, but Taryn and I were (over)prepared with snacks and games. It was a great experience and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to go--even though I was a bit out of place without any Obama paraphernalia. 

early morning sun glare


SO many people

good spot!



I was REAALLY excited for Beyonce. Who else can be asked to sing for a presidential inauguration and be cool enough to only have their first name on the program? We all know her last name(s).  But you only need her first.  Seriously, people started to walk away after the swear-in, but then they stopped and turned around and said, "Wait. Beyonce hasn't sung, yet. We have to stay for Beyonce." 
James Taylor and Kelly Clarkson also performed and that was awesome, too.  The kids choir that performed before it started was so darling and one of my favorite parts of the day.



the POTUS is there. can you see him? yeah, neither could I haha

As you can tell, it was a bit crowded, so Taryn and I stayed in the city for lunch so the metro lines would die down. We went to Nandos for my first time since moving here! So many memories with that place. #londonwinter2010forever

The coolest part about my inaugural inauguration experience was turning around from facing the Capitol and seeing a sea of American flags. I love being an American. I hope we never forget how lucky we are to have a country such as ours.

3 comments:

  1. That's cool that you got to attend!:) Jacqueline just read that Beyonce was lip-syncing! What the what?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that, too. So disappointing. Either way, did you also see the pictures with Joe Biden and the other dude on the stand just falling in love with her? Just watch the performance and then watch their faces. So awesome.

      Delete
    2. i did! hahaha it was creepin me out:)

      Delete