BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

02 March 2010

Magical Mika Monday

“It may be a Monday. And you may be surrounded by strangers. But by the end of night, it’s not going to feel like that.” –Mika

Mika

A definite top 5 favorite activity is going to concerts.
Last night, I had the privilege of attending Mika’s concert here in London. Correction: I got to see the Mika circus. I think that I said something like this post-production: it was like Mika regurgitated his mind=a combination of pure joy and a crazy party. His repertoire included, but is not limited to: Rain, Big Girls (You are Beautiful), Good Gone Girl, Billy Brown, Stuck in the Middle, Love Today, Blue Eyes, I See You and finished with We Are Golden, complete with gold confetti. The stage was set up with a big notebook and his sparkly silver piano. He also wore this funny coat of feathers for one of his songs. Mika came out with an encore and sang Grace Kelly and started Lollipop with this really cool trash can drum ensemble with his whole band. Lollipop was the final song and everyone was dancing and confetti was falling and there were big balloons everywhere. It was a continual party. The best part was how he looked like he was having the time of his life the whole time. Oh, and his sweet dance moves. Oh, and the fact that he’s professionally trained in opera, so he’s just as good live as on his CDs.
I loved it, just loved it, despite the lack of excitement from the other concert-goers (what is it with Europeans and concerts? They’re so BORING). Some parts were a bit trippy, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.
This morning in class, I raised my hand to offer a comment and started to talk, but instead of voice, a man with a cold came out. Screaming Mika at the top of my lungs all night would do that to me.

Mika--at the concert

Mika-balloon and tube
we stole a balloon...and took it on the tube home

No comments:

Post a Comment