BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

19 March 2010

more catching up...

THURSDAY


Since this weekend we had two tests, I was a bum and studied today.

FRIDAY

After class, we took a field trip to the Imperial War Museum, where I mostly saw the WWI and WWII exhibits. I also went through the holocaust museum. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. The thing about this particular museum is that, yes, we do have them in the states, but they’re from the American side. Since it’s here, it’s closer to home for the British. The Americans fought in both wars, but it wasn’t until the ends of each and it wasn’t on our home turf. The British were involved in both 100% and so the exhibits are more extensive. The holocaust museum had actual shoes taken off the feet of those in the concentration camps before they went into the gas chambers. Their pictures were real and heart-wrenching. I don’t know how anyone could still support the Nazi ways or how anyone doesn’t believe that the Holocaust didn’t happen. Let’s pray that nothing like that will ever happen again.

SATURDAY

I decided to go for a run for the first time in forever through Hyde Park. Then back to studying and test taking. Annie and I took a break to go get Ben’s Cookies. Then back to studying. Kira, Brittany, Laura M., Annie and I went to Nando’s for dinner and unlimited soft drinks. That made the fact that I had to take a test at 10 PM a little bit better.

SUNDAY

In church, Sarah M. and I taught singing AND sharing time in primary. It was mum’s day in England, so we made little treats for the mums in the ward and I got flowers. That night was dinner and packing for our FRANCE TRIP the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooo!!!!! Also, Brother Young, Susan’s husband, came to see her for a week during his spring break and so he gave us a fireside that I enjoyed.

Look out for details about my week in Paris to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment