BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

19 March 2010

I am here. You are hot.

Bad blogger. Bad bad blogger. It’s been over a week! But in my defense, if you’re not hearing from me, it’s because I’m too stinkin busy, which is a good thing.
Here we go with the updates…
FRIDAY
The group hit up NoLo (aka North London) for John Keats’ house. It was a cute little house made into a museum, like many of the places we go to. I’m not talking it down, but I’m not talking it up, either. It was…his house.
We had to walk through the Hampstead Heath, this big park that took us two hours to navigate through. It was pretty and muddy.
Our destination was Kenwood House. You know that one movie called “Notting Hill” with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant and that one scene where she’s filming a movie and he comes to visit her? That’s the house and the gardens from that scene. But that’s not why we went. We went for the gallery inside and the mythological references from the paintings.
On the way home, Laura, Mary and I got a little turned around since we’re not so familiar with the whole NoLo area. But it really wasn’t bad-I had good company and good conversation, plus I got to see a side of London that I haven’t explored yet.
I still had a chunk of the afternoon left before dinner, so I went to the financial district area and did some sketches of the cool buildings that I love. I love architecture. I think that I’ve finally half decided what I want to do with my life and it’s get my masters in architecture. I’ve become enamored with the buildings surrounding me, even the residential buildings. I sketched the Royal Exchange and its neighbor, the Bank of England.
After dinner, Annie and I went to the Hard Rock Café store at Hyde Park Corner and got t-shirts that we ended up switching because we liked the other’s. We also took a tour of THE VAULT, which was used to hold the queen’s stuff. It holds some of the coolest memorabilia of rock history: stuff signed by the Beatles, the harpsichord used to record some songs by the Beatles, guitars from Sting-Led Zepplin-Kiss-etc etc, and Elvis’ coat. Plus so many other awesome things. The original café is next door, but it was a 45 minute wait. Eh, maybe next time.
SATURDAY
Since we went out a lot this week, we had school on Saturday. Between classes, I ran in Hyde Park around the Serpentine Pond. I had an experience that proved to me that I have officially turned into a socially awkward person. Being around the same guys for 4 months and not being out with people not in the program equals no practice at being social. I had started to walk on one side of the pond and saw these two guys on horses. The horses were well-trained and I thought they were beautiful, so I was watching the horses. I looked up for a second at the guys in uniform on the horse and they were both looking back at me. We made eye contact and they nodded and I blushed and looked away. AWKWARD!! I was sweaty and frumpy and gross and awkward.
After class, Annie and I went to Camden Market. Yes, it was the same market that I went to before and I didn’t like, but I liked it this time. We actually found the cool parts of the area and so I found some success. I found this little music shop with CDs for one to three pounds. I got the Best of Sting and the Police, Keane, and Nora Jones all for 4 pounds. SCORE!
We then checked out the Tate Britain and saw some cool art and some, well, weird art. My favorite part was the circular hallway with interesting contemporary quotes on the wall. (thus my title)
I had a paper due on Monday, so that’s how I spent the rest of my evening. Luckily, I got a pizza break thanks to my grandpa. My roommates plus some and I enjoyed my grandpa’s pre-birthday gift. mmmm…
SUNDAY
Things got a little switched around in Primary this Sunday, so I got to help out in nursery for the third hour. They are such sweet little kids who just are so fun to teach.
As always, we looked forward to Sunday dinner plus dessert. Never disappoints.
MONDAY
Classes today. Then more myth paper writing. I better get a good grade on that, is all I have to say. That night the group went to see “War Horse”, an award-winning production about the relationship between him and his horse during a world war. My review: the relationship was a bit weird, the plot fell a bit short of my expectations (which were low to begin with), and the acting was bad. BUT the costumes was really cool—puppeteers controlled life-sized horses, making their noises and moving them in life-like manners.
But don't see it, just look at pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment