BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

05 June 2011

Memorial Day

Great Scott, have I not blogged about Memorial Day??!!
FRIDAY, Lindsay had a party at her house and it ended up being close to 30 or 40 people. We played night games and ate food.  It was a really fun party that was much needed.
SATURDAY during the day, I got to run around with a bunch of little kids in a park in Pleasant Grove.  We're doing still shots for my term project for my lit and film class. It was SO much fun and the kids were so easy to work with.
Here's a sample:

{John was playing the part of my little brother. Are we convincing enough?}

{The project's for "Catcher in the Rye", so pretend it's a rye field}

{pretty sure we blew out all of the weeds in the field}

{my favorite!!}


That night, Seth, Ali, and I decided to have a BBQ.  Seth made this lime marinade that we put on kabobs and had corn on the cob on the side that was DELICIOUS.

{photo cred to Ali}
SUNDAY night was the kick-off of our "Lord of the Rings" marathon (nerdsss).  We were thinking about doing all three last weekend, but barely made it through the first one haha. For weekly roommate dinner that night, Ali made us a cajun/Southern mix of jalapeno cornbread, jambalaya and sauteed veggies with oreo cake for dessert. YUM! To see the recipes, go here.
MONDAY started off with YogaX with Ali and Liz thanks to the rain which led to failed attempts at both a hike AND tennis.  Then I had lunch at Smash Burgers with the lovely Anna Peterson.  I love Anna and I'm glad that I've been getting to spend more time with her lately.  Did some shopping with Ali, then went and saw "Pirates 4" with Anna.  In order of likeness, from the best to the least, would be 1, 4, 2, 3.  When I told that to one of my co-workers this week she said, "Wait, so how does that work cronologically?"  Haha she thought that I had said that's the order of the movies, not my preferences.
Just doing my best to stay sane this busy semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment