BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

19 June 2011

new writing blog!

I have joined a new blog! It's through the English Department here at BYU and about 10 students, including me, submit posts of short creative pieces that we've written and we comment and critique one another's work.  When I found out about it, I was pretty eager to become a part of it, but then as I started to read the others' work, I was intimidated.  And I had an earth-shattering thought that maybe I'm not as great of a writer as I thought I was.  Who was I kidding, putting my work up with these other writers for the world of 70 followers (ah!) to compare to? 
I finally forced myself to write something and just click "Publish Post" without looking back.  I have been nervous the past couple of days, thinking, "Nobody's going to comment because they will be just too mortified at my lack of writing abilities.  They're going to fire me from the blog.  I know it." 
But today, I checked to see if any comments had been made, bracing myself for the worst.  There was a comment from another contributor and, believe it or not, the comments didn't even mention once how awful of a writer I was!!  Yay!!  I don't even care if they tear up my piece with critiques because that's the point of the blog--to critique and become better readers and, more importantly, better writers.  In this case, he was positive and gave good pointers.  Whew.  Maybe this was the best major choice for me.
Anyways, the point is, I think you should read this blog every once and awhile if you desire to read some good creative short pieces from students here at BYU.
Here's what I last posted: http://byucreativewriting.blogspot.com/2011/06/hercules.html
Thank you blogging world, for this opportunity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment