BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

20 June 2011

el padre mejor

My potpourri of a list of things that I like about my daddy:

1. He can give me father's blessings whenever I need one (and, trust me, I have used this resource many times).
2. The way he treats my mom is the way that I expect potential love interests to treat me.  Sorry boys, it's a high standard.
3. My dad has worked hard for everything he has and has been a great provider for my family.
4. Anything car-related and sports-related and classic rock-related I learned from my dad.  Let's just say that I knew a lot of the songs from Guitar Hero before they created the game.
5. Some of my favorite memories with my dad is when he would take time out fo his busy schedule to train with me and then coach my basketball teams.  I only like running when I'm running with my dad, especially in those early autumn mornings around the elementary school's field, kicking the dew-misted weeds and pacing myself with my daddy long legs.
6. I'm not sure why, but I like the fact that if you put our baby pictures side-by-side, you would think we were twins.  That's why I was named "Michelle", because my daddy's name is "Michael."  Get it?
Also, we're both March babies and we think that's pretty cool.
7. He rarely turns down an ice cream run whenever I'm visiting from school.
8. I have achieved many of my academic goals and am attending a university because my dad has always been so adamant about me being studious.
9. He dances like a white boy and he's still a sport when we make him play Just Dance 2.  It's also really funny when he tries to be gangster.
10.  He likes to speak Spanish with me and quiz me before my scary oral exams even though we both know I'm a major gringa.  And when he answers the phone, he says, "hola, mi hija!" (I like that).  The best, though, is when we speak Spanish in front of my mom and she tries to join in with "donde esta la playa" and then starts going off in French.  It's like our own secret language since everyone else speaks French in my house.

I've always been a daddy's girl.
Happy 22nd Father's Day, Padre!

No comments:

Post a Comment