BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

30 July 2013

Monday in the Big Apple

I'm so behind. But I am still thinking about this trip, so I must do it justice with a blog post. 
Warning: This post may contain a picture of a certain "Naked Cowboy."
Monday morning, I headed over to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with Sarah to check out the museum I've heard so much about! I love this museum and I can't wait to wander around the Met again someday.
We had a lunch break at Shake Shack (surprise surprise) and then I tackled the museum solo for the rest of the afternoon. 


The Assyrian Royal Court


I can't wrap my mind around the intricacy of this ceiling carving

Crossing the Delaware

Inside the Temple of Perneb


Temple of Dendur - A temple that we saved from an overflowing river in Egypt and now gets its own room

Frank Lloyd Wright room - I am fascinated by FLW as an architect and as a person, so this was a delightful, accidental find.


Armory

old piano
What an awesome museum.
Sarah and I applied for the lottery for "Newsies." I don't have any luck when it comes to winning things, so I was thrilled that Sarah was there with her luck, especially since she won the lottery! The boys were adorable.
c/o Sarah
While we were waiting for the show to start, we wandered around Times Square. 

The Naked Cowgirl was...gross

Love this girl!


We got these cupcakes and sat on the tckts bleachers and people watched.

My mom's only request was that I eat street vendor roasted nuts for her. Can't complain.
We were starving after the show, so we headed to Serendipity 3 by way of Radio City/Rockefeller/NBC Studios. I had to try their frozen hot chocolate (howww does that work?), which DOES live up to the hype. Late night dinner in the city with Sarah? I'm all over that.

Rockefeller

"Prometheus, Teacher in Every Art, Brought the Fire That Hath Proved to Mortals a Means to Mighty Ends." If you ever want multiple explanations on what that might mean, I've read multiple papers on this statue, so let me know.


Trump Tower


This restaurant in a word? Fabulous.

c/o Sarah

But wait, there's more! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment