BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

28 July 2013

What do you get when you combine a guitar and a fish? A happy girl.

I'm the happiest that I've been in awhile. Not to say I wasn't happy at the beginning of this year, but I'm particularly happy now, you know what I mean?
I'm getting paid to do what I love to do and I can do it at home or wear jeans into the studio. I finally feel validated for my talents. Someone recognizes that I am capable of doing a good job and they offered me a position. I can't begin to tell you what a relief it is to officially be employed, even if it's just part-time for now. [For those who haven't heard, I'm teaching piano at Guitarfish, a music studio in Tigard and Hillsboro] I am near family and close friends and in a city that I can't stay away from, no matter how hard I try.

To my friends who are transitioning from school to work or from job to job or going through any other life transition, I want to let you know that life will get better. You may feel confused and overwhelmed. You may be thinking that you shouldn't be so stressed when life has so many opportunities right now and you should just be grateful and make a decision. I GET that. And I had some amazing amazing people who had so much patience with me and looked me in the face and said, "Michelle, it will be OK. It feels like the end of the world, but I promise it isn't." I am here to be that person, if not in person, then virtually, through this blog. Imagine me holding your shoulders and saying: "Hey. It really feels like the end of the world. It's OK to cry about it. It's OK to take a break from job hunting and going out to eat some froyo. Hey. Ask for help and then let others help you. Ask for advice, but realize that you are ultimately the source of your own happiness. You know what is best for you, so do what will make you happy, not for validation from others. Things will eventually get better." Now imagine me giving you a big fat hug. Now go get some froyo.

I am eternally indebted to my friends and family who put up with my antics and panic attacks and I'm grateful that they are still my friends after all that haha. I would be in an asylum (and still unemployed, to boot) right now if it wasn't for you. Thank you thank you thank you. Also, I know I've said this before, but I'm too stubborn to learn the first time: God knows me better than I know myself. He is so patient with me and knows what I need before I even realize that I need it. Thanks be to Him.

Life is good.

And Oregon is beautiful!
Rose Garden

Pioneer Square w/ street band

Cook Park

Cook Park

View of West downtown from OMSI

No comments:

Post a Comment