BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

07 July 2013

What I Did in NYC Besides Eat Cupcakes

What I love about the East coast is the fact that you can hop on a bus or train and be in another awesome city in 6 hours or less. I hopped on a bus and hung out in NYC for the weekend with my good friend Sarah. Let me preface this post with a reason why I wanted to visit NYC (besides to see Sarah, of course). I have Romantic notions of places. We're not necessarily talking romantic like kissy kissy, but like capital R Romantic like everything is lovely and beautiful and amazing and ideal. NYC I think has gotten the worst of this silly habit of mine. In my mind, NYC is magical.

Guys, I love NYC.

DAY ONE -- SATURDAY
I hopped off the bus in SW Manhattan and Sarah lives in UES so I had to make my way across town, which was cool since I was able to see Madison Square Garden and the Empire State building.
Manhattan from the bus before we went into the Tunnel

ESB
I met up with Sarah and we went to linner (dunch?) at Shake Shack because I have an obsession, apparently. Then we had cupcakes at Little Red Hen Bakery.
I headed off to a solo tour of the Guggenheim even though I'm not a huge modern art fan because I've always wanted to see the rotunda design of the building. Ironically, they were putting in an installation in the rotunda and it was closed. So no rotunda.
Sarah entered us in the lottery for "Newsies" tickets, but we didn't get them so we tried to go see "The Great Gatsby," but they were sold out. So we got Magnolia Cupcakes and those AWESOME cookies from Levain and went back to her friends' sterotypically NYC adorable apartment and ate NYC pizza and watched "Midnight in Paris."

Before that, we walked around by the Lincoln Center/Met Opera House/Ballet and the LDS Manhattan Temple. That's a beautiful building nestled in a big city!




More to come! I love NYC! Have I mentioned how I love this city? I just love this city.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, thanks so much for taking the time to visit Shake Shack in NYC, especially since you can visit us any old day in DC - that's loyalty!

    Hope you had an awesome mini-vacation, and our team can't wait to see you again soon at the Shack.

    Brandy, Shake Shack

    ReplyDelete