BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

07 July 2013

A Sunny Sunday in NYC

I'm finally catching up on my NY adventures!
That Sunday, Sarah and I went downtown to see the World Trade Centers 9/11 Memorial. I think it was a beautiful design idea and it was touching to see it in person. They made square fountains in the outlines of where each of the twin towers used to stand and the water cascaded down into two levels. They put the names of each of the victims on the rims of the fountains, including the victims in PA and the Pentagon and the attack in 1993. This visit only validated the fact that New Yorkers are tough and resilient and therefore are a good representation of America. #GodblessAmerica
Freedom Tower/World Trade Center 1

Shout out to Sarah for being such a trooper and walking around NYC with me in a boot. 


 I've had a few friends secretly take pictures of my hands because I touch things when I talk. Sarah and I were talking about 9/11 and the whole time I was absent-mindedly tracing this name while we talked. Sarah secretly took a few pictures while I did that and I've gotta say, that right hand is great pianist form ;)


c/o Sarah Motley
Sarah and I walked over to the nearby Trinity Church to see what it is about and found Alexander Hamilton and John Fulton's graves. 
oooldd graves. always reminds me of my stay in England.



They were having a service, so we stepped inside and listened to the impressive organ playing that filled up the vaulted ceilings.
We walked over to St. Paul's, the church where firefighters, policemen, and volunteers rested and slept during the clean-up post 9/11 (it's right across the street). It became famous for this and the fact that it was hardly touched from debris. It now houses the banners and supportive gifts from around America and the world for those who helped.
gift from the people and Mayor of London on the year anniversary of 9/11


c/o Sarah
We attended our own services in the prettiest LDS chapel I've ever seen on the UES.
Then we had dinner along the outskirts of Chinatown with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge.
We headed over to Washington Square Park where we people watched and enjoyed street performers. We walked a little bit through NYU's campus, too. I had always wanted to go to school there. And seeing the Greenwich Village surrounding it, I now wish I had! Sarah and I walked around the Village and I decided that if I ever get the chance to live in NYC, it would be in this area. Totes adorbs.

I didn't take any pictures of the Village because I was too busy loving it in person.
But wait, there's more!

No comments:

Post a Comment