BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

02 August 2013

End of the Best Weekend in New York with the Coolest Person Before I Moved Back West

I miss the east coast sometimes. Writing these posts about my great weekend in NYC just makes me miss it more. I just love NYC!
Tuesday it was rainy and cold and I walked everywhere in it, but it didn't dampen my spirits! I walked from UES through Central Park to LES and the MoMA before it started pouring.
Bethesda Fountain


Boat House


The MoMA was...Modern Art. I wanted to go since I haven't before, even though I am not a modern art fan.

Some of Monet's "Water Lilies"

"Starry Night," Van Gogh -- I had no idea it was here until I walked in the room!

Andy Warhol

Pollock from far away since they were unfortunately doing renovations to its room

It was pouring rain by then, so I didn't really want to walk around anymore. Instead, I picked up some cupcakes at the Plaza for Sarah and I. My childhood friend, Jessica, is all hip and working in the NYC financial district, now. We met up for dinner at a British Tea Shop, Alice's Tea Cup. It was so so cute and yummy and it was so great to catch up with Jessica!


Then up early the next day for the bus back to DC! Which broke down in the middle of Jersey and we had to wait in 90+ degree weather for an hour until another bus gets us. Then I went home, packed, and left two days later. Whirlwind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment