BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

12 February 2013

I Like Chocolate.

And another good weekend in Virginia!
Taryn and I had a girls' night with some girls from the ward. We tried an awful hip hop class at the gym. But we made up for it with homemade pizza and cookies and "Pitch Perfect." I love that movie. It reminds me of the 224 girls (+Lizzy, of course). <3 guys="" nbsp="" p="" you="">Saturday night, I had the opportunity to attend the Washington DC LDS temple (which is actually in MD). It is the biggest temple I've seen, yet! HUGE! And so beautiful.
in case you were wondering what it looks like when I'm bundled up and on the metro




On Sunday, I was snagged as a newbie to give a talk in my singles' ward. I like my new ward! There are lots of nice people. That afternoon, we were able to make valentines for the old folks' home close to our church building. I met a man who told us about his life in about 15 minutes. He spoke like he was straight out of a old movie: his time in the Korean and Vietnam wars and during "peacetime." Only people from those days can use "peacetime" casually in a conversation.
That night was an Iron Chef competition/party at a house of some cute ladies with the key ingredient being chocolate. Chocolate! I made yummy buttermilk chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips and a chocolate ganache frosting. I didn't win, but, like, whatever. I don't mind...
These are the recipes I used:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Buttermilk-Chocolate-Cupcakes
http://www.food.com/recipe/whipped-chocolate-ganache-filling-or-frosting-106954
Then a Brach's candy heart for cuteness :)


2 comments:

  1. 1. The 224 LOVES YOU! 2. I miss your baking 3. I love skyping with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I'm going to visit, I promise ;)
      2. I miss baking for you guys.
      3. It was like I was there! Love it!

      Delete