BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

12 February 2013

I heart cupcakes.

"Behind in blogging I am. Hmmm." -Yoda

The Saturday after I saw Maya Angelou (two weekends ago...I'm with Yoda on this one), we had a group activity with C1 and C2 (the YSA wards here). We were all anticipating the BIG MEETING that would happen the next day and I think they had this activity so that we could be friends when the boundaries split. I thought it was worth the trip because my group won the scavenger game we played. Baller. A big group of us took over the Silver Diner in Franconia and I'm sure that every time Mormon kids take over restaurants like that, they don't know what to do (yes, this has happened after several youth activities in my lifetime). But it was fun!

I was freaking out last week because I realized that I had no set plans for the long weekend that is coming up and I wanted to do something fun! Then I realized that I wanted Anna to be here. So we talked about it and NOW SHE'S COMING TO VISIT this weekend. I. Can't. Wait.

My lunchtime museums this week were the Natural History and Hirshhorn museums. I purposely wanted to go to the Natural History because they recently acquired a large aquamarine crystal/rock/thing named Dom Pedro. I am a girl and naturally have an affinity for shiny things, plus the aquamarine is my birthstone, so I thought it was pretty.

Hirshhorn is modern art; therefore, I was pretty close to not even giving it a shot. But I'm glad I did because of the Ai Weiwei exhibit. I appreciate a good angsty, stick-it-to-the-man attitude and I felt that his work actually served a purpose (unlike most other modern art I've seen). For example, he took pots from a dynasty in c. 200 BC and just poured paint over it. Who does that? Especially in China? That's gutsy.


I went into the city on Friday for errands in the Federal Triangle, so I decided to talk a walk over to Georgetown. I'm not sure if you've noticed, yet, but I like to walk. Georgetown is the ritzy shopping area in NW DC by Georgetown U. They also have Georgetown Cupcakes, the store from the TLC show. Of course I stopped by there :)
Chocolate PB chip & chocolate ganache. YUM.

thank you!
Another fun week in the district!
..another cold one, too...


2 comments:

  1. Loved the Hishorn. It's so weird. Walked around it with two of my uncles (Bruce was one of them) and a friend and mocked all the art a few years ago.

    Also, SO FREAKING JEALOUS THAT YOU GET TO PLAY WITH ANNA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Modern art just weirds me out. I didn't even go into some of the darker rooms because I was scared.

      Delete