BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

24 January 2011

Portlandia

Here's a shout out to my home turf.  I lived in the Portland Metro area since I was 8 and I feel like it has helped to define who I am.  I mean, in my persuasive, open-topic paper for my Freshman year paper, I wrote about recycling.  I love the city.  The waterfront, the Saturday and Farmer's Markets, the concert venues, and even the weirdos.  I miss the rain.  I miss OMSI.  I miss the trees.
So you can imagine how excited I was to hear that someone else noticed how...unique...the city is.  There's a new mini-series called "Portlandia" that are just little skits of the funny things about Portland.  Every single thing they did this last episode was dead on.  My friends and I just laughed and talked about how we've experienced what they talked about.
Here's a snippet of what it's like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XM3vWJmpfo

1 comment: