BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

05 April 2013

family time in the district

I was so so so excited to have my family in town this last weekend!!! Happy happy happy.
They got in last Wednesday night and we ate dinner at Nandos in Old Town. We also tried a cute ice cream place called Creamery where they make their own ice cream.

Thursday, we went to Mount Vernon, thanks to my awesome roommate Megan (she works there)! We had never been, so it was fun. The only thing was that it was really cold so we were a little bit miserable (really, Virginia? Really?). It may seem a bit macabre, but my favorite part was seeing Washington's tomb. I was two feet away from George! OK, that's a little weird, but it was cool.




George and Martha's tomb

memorial for Washington's slaves



we were cold

warming up after getting cold

We saw the George Washington Masonic Temple.


King Street

I can see the District from here!
We saw Christ Church in Old Town.
We ate at Bertucci's. SO GOOD.
my cute family

Then we visited the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial. It's probably my favorite memorial in DC. They have a bench for each victim lined up in order of the year they were born. The benches facing away from the Pentagon were the victims in the Pentagon and the ones facing towards the building were on the plane. It's so beautiful at night.




Friday, we visited where I work. We tried to do a couple of other things, but it was so crazy with the Cherry Blossom Festival tourists that it didn't work out. My mom and I went to the Art Gallery while the others went to the Holocaust Museum. Then we rode bikes around the tidal basin to see the...not...cherry blossoms...and the memorials. Then we saw a show at the Kennedy Center, ate at an Indian food place in Georgetown, and got cupcakes at Sprinkles for dessert.
Tom









Kennedy Center models

Saturday, we took at trip to the temple and visitor's center. I introduced my family to Shake Shack. Then we went to the National Geographic museum to the pirate and birds of paradise exhibits. My favorite part were the NatGeo photo gallery. So amazing.
That night, we went to a murder mystery dinner. The food wasn't very good, neither was the acting, but it was fun for the kids.



It was so great having Easter Sunday with my family. It was the best day I could ask for. Really. We went to Church and then my momma made my favorite salmon dinner. Then they left and I cried. It was a fun trip and I miss them! It was weird and cool having them in my world here in DC. Happy happy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment