BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

26 April 2013

Making Friends in Philadelphia

Hello, again! Time for more pictures!
After Liberty Bell, we walked in the rain and sheet and snow to the iconic LOVE statue. Yeah, we were freezing and had to hang out at an interesting McDonald's for a few minutes with hot cocoa, but the statue park was cool!
City Hall


reminds me of Paris

statue park

the courtyard had game pieces statues

this is me in the monopoly wheelbarrow 

this me realizing that it was a bad idea to get in said monopoly wheelbarrow because it was soaking wet

sorry



this was the random guy who took our LOVE picture




Barry.

We then ate at the City Tavern, where the founding fathers ate after conspiring against the king. All of the waiters were dressed in period clothes and we drank from mugs. Were we in the 21st century, or the 1700s? I don't know. It felt so real.


candlelight dinner

mead mug and a hunk of meat


But my favorite part of the day was when Ashley and I became foreign celebrities. We wanted a picture together, so I went to a group who seemed like they could help us out. They also looked like they might want a picture as a group, so I tried to initiate a photo taking swap with hand gestures (they didn't really speak any English). Apparently, that was lost in translation and it turned into them taking pictures WITH us. Like, "cool look at us in America taking pictures at a famous American place with these American girls." They took turns taking pictures with us and we just went with it. We never did get a picture with just the two of us...
with our new friends

 I had so much fun in Philly with Ashley! Thanks for the fun touristy day, girl :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love it! You look like you're having so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete