BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

24 March 2013

Eastern Market and Eastern Food

Last Monday was Taryn's birthday, so we got a group of girls together and we tried out Indique in Cleveland Park. It was very yummy food. Happy birthday, Taryn!



sometimes I don't know what to do with my hands

joy is frozen yogurt and bubble butt seats

Thursday, I took a walk during my lunch break to check out the kick-off of the Cherry Blossom Festival. Welllll it's been too cold so there are no cherry blossoms. #awkward #nakedtrees
they are trying so hard!




My sweet friend, Sarah, from my London program is doing an internship right now in NYC. She came down for a conference this weekend, so I was able to walk and chat with her for a few minutes on my way to the temple.

So great seeing her! Love ya, girl! 

Saturday, I tried out Eastern Market in Capitol Hill. It's my goal to live in the city if I end up sticking around and this part of town is probably my favorite. A good contributor would be Eastern Market. I love markets! While I was waiting in line for breakfast at Market Lunch (I know, don't think about it too hard), I ran into Andrea, who was kind enough to show me around the market. There was artwork and food and jewelry. And beautifully refurbished furniture. Andrea then showed me Capitol Hill Books, a used book store that is so squished with books that they have to stack and relabel. 

I did as I was told and got the blueberry pancakes.



It was magical.
You're winning me over, DC.

2 comments:

  1. Dude. Do I see Vanessa in your first photo? She was totally in Jerusalem with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have too many mutual friends for it to be coincidence.

      Delete