BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

01 March 2013

Ode to the Tourists

Ode to the Tourists:
Get Off the Sidewalks!

Like a buffalo stampede
my commute they impede.
Running in to you may seem daft,
but what do you expect when you halt like that?
Monuments, buildings, all deserving a shot.
Just move out of the way when you need to stop!
Living in a city is a forward motion
Lots of buses and people and loud commotion.
All the cool things to see:
Historical sights and scenery.
A tour of the Capitol, a walk along the mall,
Don't forget the Smithsonians! Got to see them all!
I get it. I understand. This is a neat place.
But why do you have to be all up in my space?
I have an idea, let's write a treaty:
we can both find use in this lovely city.
I won't grumble when you come to roam,
if you respect that this is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment