BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

13 March 2013

dos tres

This last Saturday was my birthday! I had a wonderful day. Many thanks to Ashley and Jamie Jean and my parents and everyone who helped make it special. And the party just keeps going on :)
That morning, I took a class through the Smithsonian Associates (love my job!) that taught me how to make and apply my own mehndi/henna. The instructor was a cute Indian girl who told us stories about how her mom would do henna. I want to have a henna party, now! It was very fun.
practicing on myself

making my own henna and practicing designs
Since I was already in the city and it was a PERFECT-weathered day, I walked to Shake Shack because it was a birthday and dangit I deserved a Shake Shack shake.
That night, a few of us met up at Nandos, also my favorite because dangit it was my birthday and I deserved to go to one of my favorite restaurants. Then we went to the DC United vs. Real SLC soccer game at RFK Stadium. That also was very fun! United won, so the Metro ride home was full of very happy drunk people. Then we topped off the night with Cold Stone because well it was my...yada yada you get the point.

I think I had the type of birthday one could expect while living in the District :)

No comments:

Post a Comment