BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

27 September 2012

that one time I graduated college

It's been awhile, but I'm a college grad! 'sup!
My family got into town Thursday afternoon and we ate at Which Wich, which is a sandwich place by the University Mall where you can choose from many different types of 'wiches!  It's yummy!  My sister and I also staked out the competition at Sweet Tooth Fairy (it's a tough place to beat...).
That afternoon, I had Commencement, so I waited in the hot sunshine to go inside, fidgeting with my stupid collar and worried that all of the water I was drinking would make me need to pee in the middle of the ceremony.  Our speaker was David Beck, a leader in the LDS Church.
Me ~ Mars (aka Margaret from my study abroad program) ~ Jenny

That night was my official graduation celebration dinner with the fam at Texas Roadhouse.  My family is so thoughtful and I'm so glad that they were able to come out to support me and celebrate with me!
Then, of course, we watched the Olympics.
Friday, we got up early to hike the Y.  Conquered that mountain.  Then we did the BYU thing: visiting the bookstore, eating at the Cougareat, etc.


That afternoon was my Convocation and I got to be a part of the ceremony as the musical number, so that was a great time!  I went early for sound checks and, while I was goofing with the tech guys, they showed me how the grand Steinway in the Marriott Center is signed on the inside board by John Steinway, himself! And a bunch of other legit pianists.

Here is a sample of the piece Justin and I played for our Convocation.
my comp's being funky, so I'll upload the full video soon.
Also because I was performing, I got to sit onstage, which was pretty cool.  
(third from bottom=that's me!!)


My parents treated me and my roommates to Bombay House that night. Yum!
My roommates then gave me a 224 send-off of a lifetime.  I miss those girls :(

Saturday, I drove from Provo, UT to Portland, OR with my dad. I didn't think it would be so hard to leave Provo, but that's because I was leaving my life for the past 4 years.  That mainly means leaving those great people I got to enjoy my time with during my stay in Utah.  I hope to see you guys soon and that we can stay in touch :)

YAY GRADUATIONNN!

No comments:

Post a Comment