BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

22 September 2012

bumpin' birthday bash at the beach

For the next couple of weeks, I'm stepping in as a sub nanny for the kids Anna takes care of in Pacific Palisades, CA.  I have to admit, I enjoy this weather a bit more than the weather up in Anchorage ;)
Speaking of good times on the beach, a couple of months ago, my mom's side of the family had a reunion at our beach house.  I pretty much didn't have my phone with me much during that week and, being that my phone is also my camera, I was waiting to get pictures from others before I put up a post.  So the following pictures are from my uncle's gf, Megan.

horseback riding on the beach with the girls
 my sister, Syd~my grandma~my cousin, Nicole~my mom~Megan~Me~my cousin, Kimberly~my cousin, Claire



The next day, we ate at Grateful Bread, a cute little bakery/cafe in Pacific City
my cousin, Dan and my uncle Mike just crack me up


Then on full stomachs, we climbed the sand dunes in Pacific City
I chose this picture to prove how good my uncle Chris is at smizing
 my family as little dots as we climb all the way up
 the view from the top is worth the scramble
 my dad's in the back with Dan~action shot with sand of cousin Bart~Chris~Claire
 uncles Mike and Chris~Bart
top of the dunes


Now for my pictures!
view from my walk: 2000 year old ghost forest preserved by the sand and just discovered within the last 10 years 


feeding 16 people made meal times a fun time! 
family time with horseshoes and croquet
and, of course, fun on the beach 
we had a competition for who could find the most whole sand dollars. Nicole won!

I hope we don't have to wait for the next 70th birthday to see everyone again!



3 comments:

  1. Haha I love his little hand! That looks way fun Meesh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I made him do that so that I could do the "I like can I touch?" thing haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaannndd so if you think it looks fun, you should come up and we can do fun things at the beach, too ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete