BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

06 September 2012

Close Encounters of the Eight-legged Kind

Last week, I got into my car to go pick up a friend for a YSA FHE activity. I shut my door, put on my seatbelt, glanced towards my mirror to look before I backed up and froze. On my side mirror, just separated by a thin sheet of glass, was the biggest spider I have ever seen in person. I sat in a panic wondering if I should call my brave little sister aka the killer to take out the spider. But then I thought, "No that's ok. I will drive fast enough for it to fly off." So I started to drive to my friend's house. The whole way, I wa hyperventilating and whispering under my breath "I'm gonna die I'm gonna die." AND IT DIDN'T FLY OFF. On the contrary, it started to climb. Ok, stationary huge spiders are scary but moving huge spiders are nerve-shredding. Am I right, am I right?
So I get to my friend's house and wonder if I should call HIM to come out and save my life, but I hadn't seen him in awhile and so I didn't want to look like an idiot. Instead, I nonchalantly on the way out his door asked if he was afraid of spiders. He was like sort of but why and I was like BECAUSE THERE IS A HUGE ONE ON MY CAR AND MY HEART IS STILL RACING SO KILL IT OR HELP ME BURN MY CAR. And he was, like, chill out woman and he killed it with his shoe. Lucky for you guys, we lived to tell the tale.
Ok guys, there are stories out there in the news about a new species of orange spider in Oregon and the spider was orange, so don't judge my freak out.
I have a picture taken at high speeds to prove it.

2 comments:

  1. Gross spider. And I totally get you. I can't kill them either.

    Also, I bought tickets to see Imagine Dragons in Seattle next month. SO excited.

    ReplyDelete