BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

16 February 2012

Conversion

I just got home from the temple and it was great having that chance to gain inspiration and peace.
In light of this trip, I wanted to share a poem that I had to write in my Romantic poetry class.  It was in honor of Wordsworth and his tendency to wander into nature then write what he feels about something in the past.  I came up with this and it turned out to be a personal poem.  But I'd like to share it with you.

Conversion

In a place visited as a girl
surrounded by others alike.
Peaceful memories hidden in loud.
Time to divide and reflect.
Tromped trail in golden pigtails,
knowledge in hand,
questions in soul.
Dirt gives way to color.
Color gives way to stream.
A large stone on the edge.
No boundaries, just sky.
Indulging a scene from Monet.
Open book, open heart, open air.
Breathe in joy, breathe out youth.
Inspiration that only requires time.

Completion of another year;
longing for the open air
to see what new light will appear.
Another division, another reflection.
One more time for Faith.
No person can share
what Nature has shared.
I only had to wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment