BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

02 April 2010

Michelle, my belle, these are words that go together well: My Michelle...

...the Beatles love me and I love the Beatles.

THURSDAY


Due to a late night homework party Wednesday night, I had the best nap today. After classes, my BritLit class took a field trip to the Tate Britain to check out some paintings done by the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood and William Blake, since we’re currently learning about them in class.

On the way back, Sarah Shepherd and I tried out Illy ice cream for the first time. I got strachiotella…strochiotella…strachiatello…and banana…mmmm…

Then I was productive the rest of the day with more homework. Finals, could you NOT happen this semester, please? Thank you.

FRIDAY

London Field Study Day!! Today we took the train out to Hampton Court, Henry VIII’s supposed favorite dwelling as king. We had a treat as visitors today due to a few things:

1. Even though it’s starting to be tourist season, it wasn’t very bust when we went.

2. They were celebrating the marriage of Henry VIII to his sixth and final wife, Kathryn Parr. Actors re-enacted the day a bit for us, which was cheesy and provided us comedic relief.

3. It was SUNNY! (for the most part) And so I only needed a light sweater throughout the day. This also meant that the flowers were in bloom! I love spring!

{Rachel and I with the flowers at Hampton Court}

4. Those in the Tri-Wizarding Tournament braved the great maze at the end of our visit. Although we weren’t able to complete the maze and ended up going out the entrance AND we didn’t get the Cup, we made it out alive.

When we first went in, the lady told Laura N. that it would take about 5 minutes for a smart person to get through. And we didn’t finish it after about 10. Uhhh…

True to our promise to ourselves, Annie and I plus some other friends made our way over to Bourough Market to get us some good etins’. I was brave and got a kangaroo burger. It was really good! I also got a vanilla and chocolate éclair. Love Bourough.
{Kangaroo, anyone?}

We were pretty pooped by the end of the afternoon, so we went back to the centre to get some hw done. That night, I was getting restless, so I went to the V&A museum with Brittany to try to see the architecture exhibit. Unfortunately, the exhibit was closed, but there was some kind of party going on. Apparently, the V&A is the place to be for a party on a Friday night. It’s also apparently the place for weird, post-mod flash performances by artistic-y kids. Brit and I became a part of this flash performance thing while checking out Michelangelo in the Italian casts room. Complete with golden shakers and a winged angel man, a choir was singing a…well…just see for yourself:


Afterwards, I peeked in and watched a bit of “New Moon” with some others in the classroom. Then to bed.

SATURDAY

Annie and I had a double-date day with Brit and Kira. We grabbed some breakfast from Tesco, then raced off to the London Eye by the Thames. It was fun! It was nice to know where everything was and feel like a true temporary citizen of London because of it. It was a bit overcast, but we were still able to see far and get some fun pictures. But wait, there’s more. Included in our ticket was the 4-D experience of the London Eye. Annie said that it was the best 4 minutes of her life. What can beat a 3-D movie with a little girl with her dad going up into the Eye and a seagull coming at your face AND bubbles? Not much. I mean, check out our stunna shades:

Next, we checked out the chocolate festival at the Southbank Centre. It wasn’t as cool as I thought it would be, but we did try some yummy chocolates.

Guess what we did next?  Uh, went to Abbey Road, that's all.  There were some cars going by the famous crosswalk, but we managed to get a picture.  Maybe not as legit as some, but it happened, nonetheless.  We saw the recording studio and the wall that everyone signs when they visit.  Here's a personal favorite of mine:
Michelle @ Abbey Road
{Michelle @ Abbey Road}
Abbey Road
{had to...}
We then succeeded in going up all 311 steps of The Monument. Oh yes, THE Monument is it’s real name. It was constructed by my pal Christopher Wren to mark where the first of the great fire of 1666 started. Annie pointed out that there aren’t as many places to have a great view of London from as there are in Paris, but this Monument is one of few (along with the Eye).

We then walked along the river to behind the Tate Modern to find a delicious little Mexican place called Tortilla. We ate there for lunch and it was good.

Annie and I went home so that we could get some more hw done. But first, Annie helped me plan out my academic life for next year. She loves doing this kind of stuff and she was a big help. Maybe I’ll let you in on the details later, once I figure out a few things, first.

Broken record time: I LOVE LONDON! And we only have 3 weeks left : ( what’s up with that?!?!
I won’t be on for a bit because this whole next week will be spent up North in York, Liverpool, and Durham. Besides the fact that we’ll be travelling by coach everywhere, I’m excited for it. One of the nights, we’ll be staying in a castle. For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment