BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

27 April 2010

It's over.

SUNDAY

I went to the single’s ward today with practically everyone from the program. Since our tube passes expired, it would’ve costed too much to get to the Lea Valley ward. It was a beautiful day and so we walked through Hyde Park instead of taking the bus.
It was our second last Sunday dinner with everyone. It was nice to finish and to not worry about the whole homework due tomorrow deal. So we watched Nacho Libre, instead.

MONDAY

More fun in the sunnn!!! I was loving those sunny days. I woke up for breakfast, but then went back to sleep because I could. Then a group of us went to the Park to play soccer. That was SO MUCH FUN!!
Annie, Jake and I ate at Taza’s for lunch then I took a trip with Rachel to the Science Museum (let-down after OMSI) and the Natural History Museum (got to see the baby exhibits).
That night, we rented “Quantum of Solace” and also watched the recent “Romeo and Juliet” (what a weird movie). I love just being able to hang out with the kids at the centre. We tend to have a lot of fun with each other.

TUESDAY

So, yeah, another day, another plane ride cancelled. Which means more playing in London. After a run in Hyde Park, Kira, Brittany, Annie, Tori, Mary Kate and I took a girls’ day out on the town. After lunch at Zizzi's, we walked all of the way down Bayswater-->Bond Street-->Oxford Circus and did some shopping. We then spent the evening seeing “Mama Mia”. That was a fun show, particularly the party at the end.

{Tori, me, MK @ Zizzi's}

That night called for a dance party in the basement for Kira, Brit, MK, Annie and I, complete with a choreographed dance to "Sexy Back" by JT.  It was a really fun day.

WEDNESDAY

People are starting to leave, by now. The ash is clearing. But my flight wasn’t until Thursday, so another day of fun in London. We spent a couple of hours playing football and soccer in the Park. That’s what I’m going to miss the most this summer: not having 38 other people my age ready to go do fun things together. I realized this day that we’re akin to siblings by now, I feel. We sleep in the same house together, we eat together, we play together, we go to school together. There’s no escaping it.

{Jake, Jenny, Me, Mary, CJ, Cam, Calvin, Briton-notice the perfected leg pop}


Brit, Kira, Annie and I had a double date at Nando’s for the last time. I decided that I’m opening up a Nando’s in Provo, I think it would do well in a college town. We love it, at least.
We then walked over to the Serpentine Pond, picked up some people in the park on the way, and did the paddle boats. That was a good concluding outdoor activity for my last day in London with the sun and the pond in Hyde Park with my friends.

{Brit and I are on a boat}
After grabbing some food and treats at Tesco, we watched “Dan in Real Life”. I’m also going to miss those late movie nights. Afterwards, we would just sit and talk sometimes for hours. Just added to the sleepover-every-night deal.
I didn’t want to mention it, but I have to. Today, I also packed. Tomorrow’s my flight and it hasn’t been cancelled, yet, so I think I’m getting off of the island.

THURSDAY-FRIDAY

It’s over.


The flight made it to Rome, Annie and I ate at the hotel and watched “Swiss Family Robinson” and then got on our flight the next morning out of Rome to DC. I looked out the window and what did I see? American soil and Washington DC. I was so excited to see my family once I made it to PDX (36 hours of travelling, anyone?). And, yes, on the way home we stopped by Taco Bell.
Things I missed about America:
1. My family.
2. Food=Taco Bell, Red Robin’s, good milkshakes, Reese’s.
3. Driving.
4. Everyone talks to each other here. We like to know everybody’s business.
5. Tualatin Public Library.
6. Oregon: chill people, trees, mountains, Portland
7. No conversion for moneys.
8. Lots of other things that I can’t think of right now.
Things I miss about London:
1. Not much responsibility other than homework and kitchen crew.
2. Shows
3. Food: candy, Nando’s, Taza, Khan’s, yogurt.
4. Hyde Park
5. The people
6. Day trips
7. My peeps from the program!!! (x100)
8. Walking everywhere.
9. See previous blog posts.
On Saturday night, to help ease the pain of being away from London, I went with my dad to get Nutella and I made strawberry, banana, nutella crepes for the family and we watched a movie.
From here on out, I’ll stop the everyday documentation of my life because 1.) I’m not really doing anything right now that’s blog-able and 2.) It would bore you. So I’m signing off from London Winter Study Abroad 2010 blogging duties. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment