BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

18 April 2010

Iceland has allowed me more time so that I can catch up on my blog

Catching up...

FRIDAY (the 9th<--20 for a month!)

Today, I stood on two halves of the world. I’ve been on the Western half for all of my life, but after this program, I would have ventured to the Eastern half several times.
{pretty day on the Thames}

The group took a boat along the Thames toward Greenwich, where lies the Prime Meridian marker, aka 0˚0’, or whatever it is. The sun was out and it was warm and the boat was so fun! The Prime Meridian marker was at the top of a hill and the view from the top was beautiful!


{look, ma, I'm on the Prime Meridian!}


We popped into the Greenwich Market. I really love markets. Even if I don’t buy anything, I like to look around and explore and taste different foods and people watch. I love the vibe of markets and they are probably one of my favorite things here in London.

Speaking of markets, some of the girls and I went to Borough afterwards (surprised?).

Then it was hitting the books in anticipation for finals next week. Eesh.

SATURDAY

There are so many cool things on the surface of London. Big Ben, the Eye, Trafalgar Square, all of those better known cool places. But there is an advantage to living somewhere as opposed to visiting somewhere. You find things that are not as well known and are really really cool and probably some of my favorite places. Like Covent Garden. I LOVE the energy from that place. It’s in the theatre district and there are lots of stands and street performers and good food and shopping. Annie and I got some crepes here and then went to the Royal Opera House next door for Cinderella. We couldn’t find the Opera House and so we got there about 8 minutes before the show started and this lady started to run to show us our seats and so we ran to our seats upa bunch of stairs to follow her. Kinda funny. I haven’t seen a ballet since I went with my grandma when I was 5 to see Nutcracker. It was a beautiful performance and the dancers were phenomenal.
Annie got home and changed and then got kebabs to eat in the park. Like Oregon, when the sun comes out, even if it’s not super sunny, everyone emerges from their caves of rain and winter.

That night, Kira, Brittany, Annie, Karalyn and I went to Westfield’s (the huge mall) for dinner at, you guessed it, Nando’s. Then we went upstairs to the theatre (now do you have an idea of how big this mall is?) and saw “Whip It”. It was such a fun girl power movie.

More updates to come! I have more time, now, because I’m stuck in London for however long!

No comments:

Post a Comment