BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11 April 2010

Easter Weekend!

SATURDAY
Wowie what a day. We started off with a lovely little Easter weekend brunch, then Jenny and I headed off to Wimbledon! We had a hard time finding the tennis courts, but a couple of nice British people helped us out. I still can’t believe we actually did this! Our tour guide took us to see court #1, the press rooms where they interview the players after their games, court #2 under construction annnddd…CENTRE COURT!! For those who aren’t tennis enthusiasts, Centre Court is where tennis champions are born during Opens. This is also where the Olympic tennis games are going to be held in 2012.

{Centre Court}

{Jenny and I at Centre Court}
We checked out the museum, too, where they have the cup and plates they give to the winners at Wimbledon. They also had the history of tennis and lots of other neat-o stuff (like Roger Federer’s shoes from last season…sigh…).
After a few hours in tennis heaven, Jenny and I went to Whitfield, this HUMONGOUS mall at Shepherd’s Bush. I’m not exaggerating, it HUGE and overwhelming. We found a really delicious Chinese place for lunch, then we did a bit of shopping. I finally found a party dress! For 15 pounds! Yay! I tried Sblended milkshakes for the first time—they have at least 50 different flavors. I got milk chocolate digestive…IN A MILKSHAKE! Two of my favorite things combined.
We rushed over to Hyde Park Chapel for General Conference…at five PM??? It was weird having Conference from 5 to 11 PM, instead of 9 to 3. But Conference was good, as usual.
It was a wonderfully exhausting day with Jenny!
SUNDAY
HAPPY EASTER!! Easter weekend + Conference weekend = best weekend ever.
We had a nice Easter brunch with the whole program.
That night was Conference, again. In between sessions, they didn’t feed us dinner, so a group of us went to Zizzi’s for din-din. I love Zizzi’s. I’m going to open one in Oregon and pick up some cute Italian cooks while I’m in Rome, sound good?
I loved this weekend! The second to last—only one more left :(
MONDAY
After classes, since I played and Conferenced/Easter-ed all weekend, it was homework time. But after dinner, Annie and I went to see Handel’s Messiah at St. Martin’s-in-the-Field at Trafalgar Square. I had never seen or heard it all of the way through and it was so beautiful! Here in Britain, they celebrate holidays for as long as they can (my kind of people) and so they have Easter Monday off and everything closes down. This was a great end to the long Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment