BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

02 May 2009

turning into a big fat blog

Alright. I've done it. I've officially entered the world of blogging. I like to write and I like to take pictures, so I have lovingly meshed the two together into a mass of marvelous blog. For the record, I also love music and traveling. And "The Office".
Since art is taking your heart, thoughts and soul and exposing them, I should introduce myself a bit before I start, well, exposing. As afore mentioned, I love music. I've actually turned it into an educational pursuit recently by becoming a music minor. I was originally a music major, but I love music too much to put myself through that. My spanking new major is pre-business management. I hope this sticks.
The reason that I hope this sticks is because I've labeled myself as a planner. I've always had a plan. Always. I usually either write it down in my head or on paper, but it's there. I planned what classes I would take in high school my freshman year for the rest of my career. I planned on getting into Brigham Young University and to graduate with superb grades. I planned growing up and marrying a successful and amazingly attractive man. Since I was 14, I planned on taking on my own interior design company and making people's houses pretty. This morning, before I even opened my eyes, I planned my day: running, movie with the family, sewing, how I would do my hair, what I would wear. You get the point. That's why I was so distraught when my plans worked up until I got to BYU. I had reached a point of my life where I was saying: Now what?! I'm stuck. I didn't know what classes to take, what I wanted to major in, where I was going to live the next year. I was mentally freaking out, staring at the list in my head plastered with a big question mark. That's why I want this plan to stick: that question mark was scary. Don't get me wrong, I'm flexible, but it would be nice to know what my plans would change to once they changed.
Something else about me, particularly about my writing, is that I'm kinda scatter-brained. I get this great idea in my head while writing or talking about something else and then transition in a not-so-smooth way. I didn't realize how much of a problem this was until I turned in my first college level English paper. Whew I was hurtin in the organization area. So I hope y'all can follow.
Who's y'all anyways? I know I'm new to the whole blogging thing, but who will actually read this? Is this for the blogger's satisfaction of getting their thoughts out there in the open, a sort of theraputical thing? Or is it to let people know how it really is in their head? Is it open for approval or to become controversial? I guess it's different for everyone. I think for me it's theraputical, but also a way to let the world know how Michelle thinks.


Here it goes!

1 comment:

  1. i'll read your scatter-brained thoughts!!

    p.s. does this mean i can delete our "shared" blog?

    ReplyDelete