BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

30 May 2009

My Evening with Relient k

One of my favorite things to do is go to concerts. The anticipation for the day is heightened as you think about what you're going to wear, wonder what the venue's going to be like, remember how awesome it was last time, etc, etc, etc. Then you wait in line forever in order to get the prime spot in the concert hall. Immediately, the heat hits you and you have to give in to the sweat. There's no way to get away from the sweat. Yours and everyone's around you. Then there's suddenly that first chord hit by the bass, resounding to the point when you think that your sternum is going to snap. It's only uphill from there. Sure, whether or not you have personal space is not your choice anymore, but everyone else is in the same boat, so you go with it. This is kind of a downside to concerts. I got elbowed in the gut by this impatient lady who was trying so hard to keep her large group of girls together. In a room that small with that many people, good luck mean lady. Me and the other people behind her were getting the blame for the tons of people shoving us into her. Oh well, I had fun nonetheless, I can take a hit ha.
The opening bands are good, but you've been waiting for so long that you just want to get to the main attraction already. I really liked the first band, The Classic Crime, but the second band was a bit too techno/pop-y for me.
Then there's the set change between the opening acts and the main attraction. The anticipation grows as the stage crew goes on and off the stage.
There's that moment when you know it's them and not the crew and the energy just expands in the room. I thought it was so funny how they announced their entrance with the theme from "Rocky". They played about 10 songs, with "Deathbed" as the perfect encore. They played some new songs from the album that they're working on and I'm super excited to get it. I think that they are so good live--it's always awesome going to their shows.
Afterwards, drenched like I sat in a sauna for a few hours, we waited for the band to come out. Spencer was so excited when he met Matthew Theissen. We both got his autograph and a picture with him (the rest of the band hadn't shown up). Basically, we got the whole experience and it was so much fun going with my brother. I would go to a concert every weekend if I could. My ears were ringing and my legs were sore and I discovered that somehow I got ketchup on my shoes, but it was completely worth it.
Here are some favorites from the night:
The Classic Crime
The Classic Crime
The Classic Crime
The guitarist on the right looks like a Jonas Brother
Matthew Thessien
Matthew Theissen
Me n Matt
my hair was straight when I walked in the door...
Matt n Spencer
yessss....

No comments:

Post a Comment