BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10 May 2009

Issues of a Displaced College Student

I'm back! So far, so good. Hopefully this blog will somewhat force me to go out and take pictures again.
Anyways, my issues. Number one: job. This whole recession thing hasn't been easy for us college students. I'm half relieved that we BYU students don't have a spring break so that we can get out earlier for the jobs at home, so that I have a head start on those OSU and UO kiddos. (I'm also half not, because either way I'd have a hard time finding a job AND I'd get a much-needed spring break, but that's besides the point). Let's tally it up...I've applied to about 11 places and have asked if they're employing at several other places. Let me tell ya, it's frustrating. I think my resume is decent and I honestly try to work my hardest whereever I work. But the older people who need to support their families are taking the jobs that usually younger college students and high school students take, putting us out of luck.
Number two: car. OK, so I'm being pretty picky with this one, but it's my first car and I'm paying for it myself, so I think I have the right to be picky. I'm looking for a 1999-2001 Subaru Outback or Forester that runs well, low miles, manual transmission, newer tires, new head gaskets and timing belts, non-smoker, and with no other problems. oh, and in my price range. This has proved to be difficult. At least it's been nice having a dad that knows what he's doing--that'll save me lots and lots of money and problems.
If you are still reading this, I'm sorry that I'm ranting and that this is a boring rant. Usually my rants are funnier and more entertaining because I'm a pretty opinionated person, so maybe you in the blogworld will be able to hear that side of me. You in the blogworld also are probably going through the same issues I'm going through, and I'm sorry that you are. We Americans deserve more than this, like the agencies and programs that Reagan provided. We need a comeback like that, not a bailut package. That "solution" actually causes more problems for my generation's future. Either way, we're in a pickle. And we're paying for it.
On a happier note, today was Mother's Day and I think it was pretty successful. I get a little stressed about it, because I'm a people pleaser and I try to make Mom happy. It turned out well, I think.
I also discovered today that I'm happier when I have things to do. Some people love to relax to make them happier, but I have to constantly be going to be satisfied with life. I have to be creating or working on something. I have to have something to think about in the back of my mind. I have to be active and involved, not on the sidelines, letting things happen to me. This has also prove to be hard since I've been home and I'm jobless. At school, I was going and going and going and going, but within a week I went from EVERYTHING to NOTHING to do.
What does the blogworld think? Am I weird because I thrive on stress? How do you thrive?

No comments:

Post a Comment