BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

17 January 2012

how NOT to play volleyball

AKA why Michelle never liked playing volleyball during P.E.

Today I was walking to campus by the place where I lived last year and I bumped into a friend from that complex.  I was late for class so we quickly exchanged pleasantries.  Then he asked me, "Hey. How's your face?"
I'm never going to live it down.
When I lived at this complex, we would go play volleyball at the RB on Saturday mornings.  I have never really been the volleyball playing type, but I liked to play sports and no one would listen to my basketball requests.
So one Saturday morning, I found myself with 6 guys playing a normal game of volleyball.  We were playing la-ti-dah so fun.  Little did I know that this would go down in history as the most embarrassing volleyball game of my life.
Every time someone re-tells this story, they do the actions.  So I decided to make this version in pictures.
Brian was on the other side and it was his turn to serve.

My team had our game faces on.



Me, ready to OWN this serve.




...I caught it with my face.  Remember how I said there were 6 boys there?  Just me and 6 boys? Oh, and I was somewhat dating one of them.  Yup.



My pride was hurt more than my face. I collapsed on the ground laughing and trying to hide from my embarrassment.  Since I was on the floor, there was that awkward pause when everyone is waiting to see if I was laughing and not crying so they can join in.  I've NEVER seen Brian laugh so hard.
Ever since that fateful morning, whenever I run into any of those guys, I am asked, "Hey Michelle! Remember that one time you caught the ball with your face?"  
"...YOUR face..."
I promise that I have hand-eye coordination.  Just sometimes issues with depth perception.




2 comments: