BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

07 December 2011

what will you give for Christ(mas)?

http://youtu.be/0FSQuHDIsVw

In the past few years, I have been so wrapped up in the stress of finals that Christmas surprises me.  I'm not fully in the Christmas spirit!  So this year I promised myself that I wouldn't let that happen even with 25 pages of essays and 5 finals in 2 weeks.  I heard yesterday that the best way to get in the spirit of Christmas is to give to others or to serve others.  Last Saturday, I went Christmas tree hunting for 5 trees to give with our giving tree gifts to 5 needy families in the area.  Hunting for Christmas trees is my favorite thing to do, so much so that I make my family wait until I get home from school so I can go with them.  This weekend's hunt was an adventure.  I'm used to going to tree farms in the quiet neighborhoods of Wilsonville, but in Heber City, Utah it's ok to just go to the side of the road and cut a tree down (with a permit, of course).  So we were parked on the side of a highway, trudging through 2 feet of snow through the forest and up steep hills and across freezing creeks to find the perfect trees.  We were successful and cold.
And I was officially in the Christmas spirit.
We talked about Christmas traditions and listened to the Carpenters Christmas and Bing Crosby during the long drive.  It got me really excited and that excitement has been building since then.
{photo cred: Trey Mortensen}

Our ward Christmas party was Monday, I am constantly listening to Christmas music (since it's after Thanksgiving, now), the First Presidency Devotional was Sunday night, I have some shopping done, and our apartment looks so festive!  All with time to write papers and freak out over finals.
I love Christmas.
Have you listened to Michael Buble's new Christmas album? Soooo good.
hey, michael. you have something for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment