BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

05 October 2011

michi & momma e

Hey-o! This week/end has been fabulous. So let me tell you about it.
My momma came into town on Tuesday night and we right away made a beeline for nachos and yogurtland. 
Wednesday was the main event, though, the original reason she came out.  Well this and she loves me the most.  We went to the TAYLOR SWIFT concert and sang until our throats were sore and our ears rang from the loudspeakers.  Once upon a time in high school land, Michelle was bugged by this new artist name Taylor Swift who couldn't sing and the boy she liked a lot gave her more attention than he did to Michelle. This same high schooler became a college student and got a roommate who let her borrow Fearless, Taylor Swift's second album.  Taylor began to grow on Michelle, but she still wasn't the best singer.  Then Taylor's third album, Speak Now, came out and Michelle couldn't stop listening to it.  Thus, the conversion of a hater to a lover.  It was a very entertaining show, with acrobats and dancers and actors and fireworks. You give and audience shiny things like a sparkly guitar and confetti and fireworks and you've got a happy audience.  We like shiny things and cute musicians (I mean, hell-looo can I get an amen for Charlie Worsham?).

{she sang in a spinning glowing tree}

Thursday, I got work off and skipped class (much to the astonishment of my grandma, as I discovered later haha) and momma e and I took a girls' day out.  We ate crepes, got our nails and hair done, went shopping, ate Indian food, watched Jane Eyre (can I get another amen for Michael Fassbender? thank you.), and hit up the Chocolate.  You know, the usual.
{nice find at DI}

{second nice find at Walmart in the cereal aisle}

{The Chocolate and my roommates}

{mmmmmmpazookie}

Friday, I had to work and go to class, so my momma came to class with me and even commented (she has an English degree, so it was right up her alley).  We went to the BYU vs. USU game that night and therefore had an emotional rollercoaster (thanks for that, Jakey-poo).
{Museum of Art at BYU}

{so many books!}

{RISE UP!!}

{pretty mountains}

{weiners}

Saturday morning, we went to SLC for General Conference.  This was probably the most powerful session for me in a long time if not ever.  So many good things for me to hear.  
When we were waiting in line to get inside, there was a separate set of doors next to us for those with wheelchairs.  A lady tried to get through the line for these doors with her relative in a chair and so she said, "Part the way! Mrs. Moses is coming through! Part the way!"  It was her real name. We parted the sea of people for Mrs. Moses. So funny.


I miss my momma so much already.  I always get so sad when my family and I have to part, but I'm glad that I was able to spend these last few days with momma e.
Saturday night, I went to a pinterest party hosted by Anna and Leslie to have while the boys were attending Priesthood session of Conference.  Basically, it was an opportunity to make something that you've pinned on pinterest and you've been wanting to make but haven't gotten the chance.  I just love the ideas with mason jars and so I tried the mason jars individual oreo/chocolate/banana creme pies.  And they showed us how to make these bracelets, too:
A bit dark, so here's what it looks like on pinterest:
how crafty of us!
Sunday was a continuation of wonderful Conference weekend.  My roommates and I ate lots of yummy food.  It was a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment