BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

12 August 2011

a little taste of the outside world

Every time that I leave Provo and the BYU bubble, I realize how much I'm disconnected with what's going on in the world.  I'm so focused on my little life while working on my degree, that I don't read the paper as much or watch the news.  But I recently went to Europe and I was in London during the riots and I was in big cities where news is unavoidable and life is so fast and alive.  There are so many different people together in one place looking for their own happiness.
My goal for the upcoming school year: stay connected.  Even though I'll be busy and the news is depressing, I think it'll do me good.
In other news (eh? eh? watch me and my witty transistions go!), I went to get my haircut at Studio 210.  Little known fact about me: if i could change my hairdo every week, I would.  I LOVE having people do my hair and new cuts and trying new styles.  For you peeps in the Provo area, I really like this place mostly because of the people.  They are so so funny and easy-going and the owner is so fun and called me Portland, Oregon the whole time.
Bryce Kunz called it my Asian cut and fashioned my mii after it last night.

thirdly, and speaking of the Kunz's, I dropped by their place last night and watched half of the rebroadcast of the "Les Mis" 25th anniversary show (with Nick Jonas?!?!).  I had goosebumps the whole time.  Please watch it if you don't see anything else musical theatre related.  Talent talent talent.

I mean, like, wow.

Must I really continue packing?  If anyone out there has space for me, I'd love to not put my stuff in my car for a week.  With a cherry on top?

No comments:

Post a Comment