BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

07 July 2011

a weekend trip worth blogging about

Remember how I went to Oregon for the first time since Christmas the weekend of May 20th? And it was awesome?  Well, I got to do it, again a few weeks ago.  It's been awhile, but I've been busy.  Forgive me.
thursday
So that I could enjoy my weeekend with my family and be ready for finals week, I pushed myself to finish a lot before I left for Portland.  So, naturally, I passed out the minute I sat on the plane and woke up the minute we plane started decending into Portland. 
My brother had his Court of Honor with Austin Porter and they had a slideshow with pictures from the boys' lives.  A few of them were of my brother and I and I suddenly got emotional seeing us growing up together.

{the whole gang}


friday
Momma and I hit Club Sport to zumba.  If I could do only one form of exercise for the rest of my life, zumba would win.  I love to dance.  And I love loud music that gets you moving.  And I love to have fun when I work out so that I can forget that I'm working out.
Spence and the other grads in the ward had a party that night. And apparently it was a wild one because I can't remember what we did afterwards.

{uhhh we love Cold Stone a little bit}

saturday
The girls went to OMSI to see the IMAX movie, "Born to Be Wild." Super duper cute movie.  Baby orangutans and elephants on a large screen. Just think about it.
Then we visited the OMSI exhibit about Narnia.  They had costumes and props from the movies, plus some of C.S. Lewis' belongings, which was AWESOME for a bibliophila like me.
For lunch, the ladies headed over to Lady Di's Tea Shop in Lake O. It's owned by British ladies and so it's pretty authentic.  My momma's momma is still a British citizen and so she liked making believe that we were in the motherland.

{oh william}

{'ello guvnah!}

{traditional british breakfast w/ tea}


Then we all (minus Spencer) went to Russ's BBQ on Russell Street in Portland, a family favorite. I have the best story to tell about this place. I was waiting in line to go to the bathroom and the last girl before me had just gone in when suddenly this guy pops up out of nowhere. He shocked me because I don't know where he appeared from and then he started to talk in a voice an octave higher than mine. He opens with some witty comment, that I can't remember, then procedes to have this semi-one-soded conversation with me:


High voice man: "So I wasn't expecting to meet you in front of these bathrooms, but here we are."

Me: "heh heh, yeah, kind of a weird place..."

HVM: "So I can't figure this out, I'm trying to figure this out: Did you match your skirt with your eyes or is it your clear blue eyes that matches your skirt?"

Me: (thinking: is this really happening? I thought this only happened in romantic comedies with awkward cousins and middle-aged men with Erkle pants? And my eyes are definitely green...) "heh heh. I don't know"

HVM: "So what, are you here with your boyfriend?"

Me: (thinking: should I lie? No, he probably saw me in the middle of the room at a loud, large table with my family) "No, I'm visiting from out of town, just having dinner with my family. I actually go to school in Utah." (thinking: yeah, that'll do it. Prove that I'm at least 6 years younger than him and that I'm unattainable in a different state)

HVM: "Oh, so you're Mormon, then?"

[The girl in the bathroom before me was leaving and I started inching towards the door.]

Me: "Yep!"

HVM: "Darn, that loses all my chances of luring you in."

Me: "heh heh. Wellitwasnicetomeetyouseeyoulater!"

I shut and lock the door. I take about 4 minutes longer, listening for his footsteps or conversation to check if he has left. And I run to my dad's side as we walk out the door.

Me: "Dad, we gotta hurry up and leave."

Dad: "What, did you stink up the bathroom?"

Me: "Nooooo, some guy just hit on me."

Dad: "Oh."



{my lovely grandparents}

Graduation was boring, but Mr. Murray, our wacky physics teacher, spoke and he's so funny.

sunday
I went to my home ward.  They're great.
That night, I made Chinese food for my family (all 10 of us). 

Then back to Provo for--gasp!--finals!!!
I can't wait to head back to Tualatin. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment