BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10 April 2011

girl scout cookies

One day this week, I came home from class a little stressed and needing some sugar. Kelly and Ali walked in on cue and said: "they're selling girl scout cookies on the corner over there".  Annie and I looked at each other and I asked her if she needed to shower first since she had just gotten back from working out. she said uh, no, let's go get some cookies.  and so we started to walk over there (annie would say that I kind of ran a little bit) and I bought thin mints for the first time since being out at college.  I asked the little girl who was selling them what her name was and then that's all she said to me. I had to ask if they were selling the cookies and how much it was.  I remember the good old days when I, too, was a young girl scout (which lasted for about 3 years, I think) and I got to sell cookies.  I'm pretty sure that I had to use my young marketing skills and not just my adorable little face to get people to buy from me and not from their next door neighbor, who also was selling cookies.  It may sound silly, but it was a competition with my troop and there were good prizes involved. This was serious business, my friends.  I had to take it seriously. And it was good for me because I learned how to sell a product and be professional with my money.  I wanted to tell the little girl to stand up and tell me what each of the types of cookies were and which ones were her favorite (even though I already had my sights on those thin mints) and then take the money, give me my change, and tell me to have a nice day.  That's how we were taught and it worked.  Kids these days. Now I just sound like a cranky old lady.
Lucky for both of us, I at least got my thin mints.
...I love how they haven't changed their box since I was a girl scout a million years ago.

2 comments: