BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11 November 2010

October

{HOT COCOA PARTY}



{FOOTBALL GAMES}




{PARENTS' WEEKEND}
My momma came to visit me for Parents' Weekend at BYU.  She came in to visit me at work and came to my classes. Except Spanish.  There's this ongoing dispute, you could say, in my family about Spanish and French.  My dad is fluent in Spanish and my mom is fluent in French. So when the time came for each child to choose one of them to study at school, my parents would ask us questions like: "Which parent is your favorite?"  Well, I chose Spanish, but I am no respector of persons, er, parents. So we were sitting in Spanish class, and my mom makes it for about 5 minutes until she stands and leaves, muttering, "I don't understand Spanish".  hahaha.  We went shopping, saw "The Hereafter", and ate out at Bajio. 
Saturday, we walked the 5K, sat in the rain at the football game like true blue Oregonians, and did some more shopping.  That night, we saw "The Magic Flute" opera.  It was my first opera, and it was quite the experience!  That night, I introduced my mom to Sammy's milkshakes.
Sunday, she went to church with me and then she let me win at Scrabble.  It was such a fun weekend and I was so happy to see her.
I love my momma.




{INGRID MICHAELSON}
Can I just say, she's so amazingly incredibly awesome.  After waiting in the rain/snow/wind/sleet for 1.5 hours, we got to stand on a platform in the back of the room.  But it was worth it. She's a great performer and tells funny stories.

{Ali-Kelly-Cortney-Abby-Me}

{HALLOWEENIE}
Friday, I dressed up for work as a peacock.  That night, I had a girls' date night with Anna.  I tried Guru's for the first time (YUM!). Also, Anna had her ballet audition that day and found out that SHE GOT IN!! So we went to Cupcake Chic to celebrate. Then, scary movie night with "The Haunting of Molly Hartley"!! (critique=pretty good/freaky until the end. Baaaad ending)

Saturday, Anna, Michelle (her roommate), and I went to a party, where I dressed up as Miss Scarlet from the game Clue. We were going to go to another party, but then we realized how hungry we were, so Taco Bell Fourth Meal it was.
While we were at T-Bell, there were other kids there dressed up as soccer players and lifeguards.  The soccer player totally gave me the up-down and said, "niiiice".  Ok...so I continued to check out the menu, couldn't decide what I wanted.  Then the lifeguard said: "I like your pearls."  I looked at him and replied: "Oh, thanks. I like...your...shorts."  Those guys were interesting.  Oh Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment