BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

21 November 2010

Best 2 weeks of the semester: Part One

Ok, so I might be a little presumptuous in assuming that next week will be the second part of the best 2 weeks of the semester, but, come on, this is what I get to look forward to: 
-going back to Oregon in two days. That place is the best and I really really miss it. Especially since today it started snowing in Utah. Joy.
-seeing my BFF Seth for the first time in about 2.5 years.
-hanging out with Annie, Seth, Lindsay and Hayley just like old times (and eating Annie's cookies)
-my wonderful family.  My sister told me that she's really excited for me to come home because we're going to eat a lot and fall into a food coma. And repeat. Love her.
-my puppy.
-seeing HPATDH again.

Speaking of HPATDH, this is what part one was like.
SUNDAY
I made my first casserole with my roommate Kelly.  We're so...Mormon mommy now.
{Brett and Kelly enjoying our Casserole}
Also that night was my Crepe-a-Palooza/Freshmen girls' reunion partay.  I ran into Audrey on campus last week and we talked about how much we miss the girls. So I planned a party full of sugar and talking.  It was really fun being able to catch up on the latest and greatest. 

Remember this?

{hikes + Morgan's Hummer}


{tie-dying}



{Halloweenie}

{model Sundays}

..and we kept with the oven picture tradition:

{two years later...}


WEDNESDAY
I went to the Sara Barielles concert with my good friend, Amber Whiteley and then Linds and her roommate came later.  Another thing checked off my bucket list.  I've been wanting to see Sara in concert since "Love Song" came out forever ago.  It was really fun, even with the mean ladies behind us. When you're in a crowded concert hall and you're sitting down in an area that has a pretty good view and more space than any other section in that area, YEAH you're not going to be able to see and YEAH people are going to crowd your space. You should've seen it coming and stood up and claimed your territory.  And stop whining about it.
Anyways...she played all my favorites from both of her albums and the band was so laid back and talented.
{Lindsay, me, Amber}

{I want to grow up to be Sara Barielles someday}

THURSDAY
It's the night I've been waiting for for a looonnng time. 
HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, PART 1
midnight showing.
{camping out}

{notice the Hogwarts sign on our sweaters}

{Leslie/Hermione, Cam/Harry, Me-just heading to Hogwarts. NDB.}
I'm not going to write anything else about it because I'm afraid I won't do it justice.

FRIDAY-SATURDAY
I met up with my Grandma Ericksen in SLC for dinner at Olive Garden and then Time Out For WomenThe only way I know how to describe it is it has the same layout as EFY, only it's for Relief Society.  There are speakers and musical performances both Friday night and most of Saturday.  My favorite speaker, though they were all good, was Mariama Kallon. She talked about her life while growing up in war-torn Sierra Leon and how she found the church and then served a mission for the church.  It was a heart-wrenching story that just wanted me to go down to Sierra Leon and bring everyone the Gospel and then bring them to America, away from the horrible things that they had to see.  She's a delightful woman who just loved life and wanted everyone to know that God truly knows every single one of us, no matter where/who/when we are. 
{Salt Palace in SLC}
Whenever I see a picture or learn about the lives of those who lived in, say, the 17th or 18th centuries, I wonder why I wasn't born then.  It would have been so cool to wear big dresses and hair and ride in carriages and go to balls.  But then I realize that I love indoor plumbing and heating and not wearing a corset. Also, I have weeks like this and realize that I'm so lucky to be alive. Now. In 2010.  And I'm surrounded by amazing people who understand me and still want to be my friend.  And I can go to school and not get in trouble for it.  And fly home to my family during the holidays.  And have the fullness of the Gospel in my life and the immense amount of blessings that come with it. 
I'm ready for Part Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment