BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

06 February 2010

"If a double decker bus, crashed into us, to die by your side is such a heav-en-ly way to die"

Here's a leftover from last post:
Southall
.:Southall get-up:.

SUNDAY
The kids were a little rambunctious today, but church was good anyways.
Highlight of my day was eating that delectable ice cream cake at dinner. I have never been disappointed with any of the meals here. Good thing Hyde Park is nearby so that I can avoid the weight gain foretold by everyone’s bunk beds. I don’t know if it’s just because I’m walking around everywhere so that I’m starving by the time that dinner comes around or what it is, but I love the food here. I think it was my mom who told me that the food was really bland and gross, but I think things have changed since then.
Here are some favorites that I’ve had so far (notice that it’s mostly chocolate):
-Cadbury Milk Chocolate Bars
-gelato at Gelato Mio (cookies and cream and milk chocolate)
-Gifto’s Indian food
-DIGESTIVES (seriously, I could eat a whole pack in a day if I wanted)
-greek wrap at Borough Market
-dark chocolate chip and cherry muffin from Borough Market
-fresh-squeezed OJ and bacon from CafĂ© Diana’s
-Frog’s frozen yogurt
-McVite’s muffins
-Hob Nobs
-yogurt flavors: banana and chocolate chunk, strawberry, strawberry shortcake, vanilla, cocoa/vanilla crunch
-BEN’S COOKIES
-sweet corn from Southall
-anything with Nutella on it
-Rigaleto con Pollo from Zizzi’s
MONDAY
After class (everything happens after class…) since those of us in BritLit had read Oliver Twist, all of the group went to “Oliver!”, the musical version of the book. I thought it was light-hearted and fun, but it wasn’t my favorite. I liked most of the parts in the book and the musical followed it pretty well, but it wasn’t like, let’s say, Les Mis.
TUESDAY
Class. Then Annie and I finished an assigned walk through the not-as-nice area of London. Not much to discuss on that point. But when we were walking back to the tube, we found this cute little shopping area. A common goal of Annie and mine since we got to London has been to find cute boots. Annie tried on some cute boots that I was thinking were cute, but I wasn’t so sure about them. She thought they were too big and so she told me to try them on. It was love at first step. Mission accomplished.
After a bit of homework, a few of us took a break to try out Patesserie Valerie, a cute little dessert place. I got a chocolate mousse thing that was SO good. Add that to the list.

1 comment:

  1. Rigaleto con Pollo from any of the Zizzi restaurants is amazing. They are, without a doubt, the best Italian cuisine chain in the UK...

    ReplyDelete