BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

26 February 2010

Too bad Jude Law's In America while I'm living in his neighborhood...

Catchin' up...
SUNDAY
Usually, I’m anti-Valentine’s Day. For all 19 of the Valentine’s Days that I’ve lived through, I’ve been single. More recently, because of this, I have celebrated with lots of chocolate and chick flicks with my other single girl friends. Could be fun, but mostly depressing. I’m pretty sure that this Valentine’s was the best EVER. Girls’ weekend in Ireland, then Valentine’s Day spent in London with my friends.
There a missionary couple in our ward from Farmington, Utah and today was their second to last week before returning home to the states. In my ward, this translates to feast time in primary. And since I’m in primary, I got to help with making Valentines and eating the food.
For dinner, the Shulers gave us sweets and cards. Also, for each dorm there were cute bags to put valentines in. Top that off with a package from my family, and Valentines was good to me.
MONDAY
After class, Dr. McF took us on a little field trip to St. Bartholomew the Great Church. This church was important for a few reasons.
Number one: the architecture. A good amount of the church is missing due to good ole King Henry VII and his Dissolution idea. Parts of it have been re-built over the years and so it has different design styles for the different time period. The original was Romanesque, with curved arches/windows and, in contrast, baroque later was added with pointed arches/windows.
Number two: important people used to worship here. I forget who, but there you have it.
Number three (my favorite): lots of movies have been filmed here, including but not restricted to: 4 Weddings and a Funeral, The Other Boleyn Girl, Elizabeth I, aaaannnndddd SHERLOCK HOLMES. The tour guide showed me pictures of Jude Law and Robert Downy Jr. on the very spot where I stood. I almost couldn’t handle that.
The social committee (yes, we have committees) planned a V-day party for the group and we made sugar cookies and played games. Annie and I watched “500 Days of Summer” in honor of the day of love. (the soundtrack makes that movie—look it up, listen, savor it, enjoy)
Music video’s weird, but good song: “Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKjOOR9sPU
TUESDAY
Post-class actividades consisted of me taking a trip to the National Gallery for some Michelle time. I’m thinking that that was my last trip, so I decided to stop by and visit some old friends: Pissarro, Monet, etc etc etc.
Pissarro is one of my favorite painters, as I have mentioned before. This one, in particular, I think you should check out. Oh, and while you’re at it, you should look up your favorite…more chances than none, they’ll have one.
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/paintings/camille-pissarro-the-boulevard-montmartre-at-night
It was Shar’s birthday AND Anna discovered that she got into her major (Broadcast Journalism! You go girl!), so how do we celebrate? You got it: Gelato Mio.

No comments:

Post a Comment