BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

03 April 2012

best week of the semester

Tuesday
Annie and I had our University Orchestra concert.  I forget if I've told you guys this, yet, but Annie and I both needed one more performance credit for our music minors, so we decided that we should give percussion a try.  We both have lots of years of piano and theory behind us, so we figured that if we could count, we could figure out the rest.  Well.  It's been quite the experience.  But I'm proud to say that Annie rocks at bass drum and tambourine and I am decent at cymbals and triangle, now.  
Wednesday
Kira and I went to the Imagine Dragons concert at Velour.  It was so much fun! And it was great to see Kira, again.
papa Dan

post-show

Thursday
I have seen online something that says that Harry Potter was my long term relationship, Hunger Games is my rebound and Twilight was a one-night stand that I don't want to admit to having.  I feel that way.  I went to the midnight showing of Hunger Games because I wanted something to fill the void of not having Harry Potter to look forward to, anymore. don't get me wrong, I love the Hunger Games and recommended the books to everyone I knew way back when they first came out.  But, I mean, the premier wasn't Harry Potter.  I really liked it and have seen it three times, already.  If you haven't read the books, don't see it until you have.
waiting in line

Saturday
Holi Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork.  It's a Hindu celebration of spring that about 25 Hindus and 100,000 Mormons attend.  There are llamas and a concert and then we countdown to throwing colors in the air/at each other.

llamas

right after the throwing--we couldn't see the sun!

me--Hilary--Kimberly


phantom of the opera--the Italian--the sports star

That night I threw my roommate Meagan a mocktail birthday party.  It was half surprise, but not really.  We know how to party in the 224.
on the drinks menu: pina colada--shirley temple--sparkling cider

on the food menu: german choco cupcakes w/ fudge frosting--funfetti cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting--oreo cake balls

pre-party/decor (yes, those streamers will be up until the last birthday at the end of April)
It was a really fun week!

1 comment: