BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

24 May 2011

my best friend's wedding

It breaks my heart to think that I haven't been back to Oregon since Christmas break.  I'm most likely going to end up in the northwest because I can't stand to be away from it; these past 5.5 months are proof of that.  This weekend was proof of that.  I packed in as much Oregon goodness as I could in 2 short days. 
Ready?
Thursday, Seth, Anna and I hit the road.  Let's just say that it freaked my mom out how quickly we got to Tualatin from Provo haha.  I've done this trip 8-9 times and I'm NOT a roadtrippin' type, my friends.  So the quicker to Tualatin, the better.  The first Burgerville we came to, we hit up.  If you visit Oregon, go to Burgerville and get a milkshake and whatever is in season.  After the wedding Saturday, we gave everyone in Annie and Bryce's family directions to the nearest Burgerville since they heard so much about it.
We dropped Anna off in the city, which means I got to see Portland at night, which is beautiful.  Miss it.
I had some typical sister/brother time with Spencer and rocked Guitar Hero and watched "The Walking Dead" (zombie series...freaky crap, dude). 
I would add pictures from this day, but I didn't want to intimidate you with how hot I look when I road trip.

Friday, I Zumba-ed with mother at Club Sport, ate at Panera for lunch, and shopped. until. we. dropped.  Annie's family had a dinner at their place that night, and it was soooo funnn to have all of the Oregon friends together again IN OREGON in Annie's house. 

Saturday, Anna and I got our little bridesmaids selves ready.  Anna, momma, Syd, and I went to get our nails did.  Then Anna and I ran over to the Temple for the big occasion.  While we were waiting with everyone outside, I said, "Sheesh, you guys. I can't believe that Annie is getting married."  And then Seth, who got to be at the sealing, said, "Michelle. They're already married."  It hit me then, I think.  If I was the crying type, I would have cried when Annie and Bryce came out, just because I was so so happy for them.
Then pictures, pictures, pictures.  And taking pictures while everyone else was taking other pictures.
{Oregon lovelies}



{fab 4}

{she was so gorgeous}

Naturally, we were starving after smiling for all of those pictures, so we went to Mashitas, the best local bento place.  They asked us why we were matching.
Then off to the reception!


{annie and bryce play scrabble like it's their religion...isn't this a cute idea for them?}

then home for some much-needed family time, including losing at speed scrabble.  I'm an English major. Doesn't that mean I should dominate every time?

Sunday, we went to the first hour of church to see wardies that we haven't seen in awhile.  Especially Anna, since she hasn't been back since she moved 3 years ago. 
Car time the whole way home.

I was asked today why I love Oregon so much.  This will need a whole separate post, but just know that I miss Oregon terribly every time I'm away from it and I feel...relieved?...the minute we reach the gorge on the drive home.  It's my drug. It's my home.  And I miss it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment