BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10 May 2011

good deeds

I was sitting on my couch, watching TV, eating dinner after a looong day at work.  I was thinking about all of the stuff that I have to read/do/think about tonight.  And the next night. And the rest of the semester. (notice the infrequency of blog posts recently?).  My roommate Sarah was walking in and out of the apartment.  She came in one time and handed me a cute plate with coffee cake on it.  I exclaimed: "Oh how nice! Someone left us a treat!"  And she said: "No. I think it's just for you."  And the card with it read:  "Michelle: You are awesome. The end. Enjoy the coffee cake and keep the plate!"  On the outside it said the famous British saying:

It shocked me that Number One: someone was thinking about me.  Number Two: Someone so thoughtful who was thinking about me thought it was a good idea to give me an unsolicited treat.  Number three: It couldn't have come at a better time. Number Four: They used a British saying.  Number Five: They gave me sugar.
thank you so much, you kind stranger out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment