BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

06 September 2010

Hello, my name's Michelle, and I'm an English major.

It's official! And it feels so good to be telling everyone that my major for sure is English.  Instead of "Well, I THINK I want to do business so that  I can go into architecture. Not sure. We'll see."  Feels great.
And I think it's appropriate to write a poem about the occasion:

Walking down the halls of the JFSB.
This is the building for me.
I've finally found a place
in the BYU space.
It was music that I first declared
But I soon became aware
That I'm not too keen
on being a piano machine.
Then I lasted a semester with this
Thinking it was smart to do Pre-Business.
When economics kicked my tail
I ran away and quickly set sail
towards a new major, industrial design.
But physics isn't a strength of mine.
There had to be a career!
I have to choose this year!
"Do what you love, love what you do"
This is the reason I go to school.
Thinking, searching, reading...
...reading, writing, creative thinking.
I've always liked to do those;
poetry, fiction, non-fiction, prose.
I've made it! This major is for me.
So here I am in the JFSB.

And I'm stickin' to it.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the club.
    Prepare to love it.
    Prepare to eat ramen noodles for life.

    I'm rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete